Retail Fuel and Convenience Sales Manager – Job Description
Join our band of Evolutionaries! Are you a career software sales manager interested in working with an energetic team in closing sales and growing existing customers? We are experiencing exponential sales growth with our market-established software, and we need to add sales executives to help us keep up with demand. We work in a start-up atmosphere, but we are backed by a financially solid, 10-year-old company. If you are interested in being recognized for your work, and making a difference right away, read on to learn about this unique opportunity in Colorado Springs. This is not a contractor position, nor is it part of the defense industry.
The Software As a Service (SaaS) Sales Manager is responsible for leading a complex sales process, from lead generation through the entire sales life cycle, for small, medium, and large companies in the retail petroleum market. This includes identifying opportunities, creating sales strategies, delivering advanced value propositions, constructing ROI analysis, justifying investment, and ultimately closing business. This career opportunity provides excellent compensation with a healthy base and no cap on commission. You’ll be working with a team of innovators as part of an established and growing global company.
The SaaS Sales Manager will be responsible for
- The sale of software licenses and services to retail petroleum operators with 10 to 100 locations
- Sale of maintenance and support agreements
- The sale of services
- Follow up of leads and segregation of opportunities to a regional team
- Conducting needs assessments and communicate value to sales prospects
- Performing cold calling and marketing to favorable prospects
- Working closely with the Enterprise Regional Sales Manager in defined territories to promote the benefits of TLM to prospective customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Present TLM products and services to prospects and customers via online demos, conference calls, email, and trade shows. Occasional in-person meetings may be required.
- Maintain detailed records in our CRM system (Salesforce.com), including keeping prospect and customer contact information, relevant details of conversations, copies of correspondence, sales opportunities, percentage probability of sale closing, and scheduling of ongoing follow-ups.
- Identify potential categories of prospects, research sales contacts; develop sales plans for each category, and implement scheduled contact and follow-up programs.
- Prepare and maintain sales pipeline on an on-going basis.
- Achieve revenue and new store quota.
- Convert leads from cold calls to sales.
- Maintain customer base and ensure that our customers are able to achieve the maximum benefit from our products, services, and resources, thereby protecting recurring revenues and generating opportunity for further income.
- Engage with customers from the project kick-off and maintain regular contact/visibility to provide a consistent presence.
- Manage and document all issues and risks associated with the day-to-day running of customer contracts once the project is in the post-implementation phase.
- Prepare contracts and pricing proposals for TLM products and services, using standard templates and pricing guidelines, for review/approval by supervisor prior to transmittal to sales prospect.
- Demonstrate and provide training where necessary in order to support the sales process within new and existing accounts.
- Manage scope and customer expectations effectively throughout the life of the contract.
- Process sales orders on a timely basis and follow-up invoicing with timely collection efforts.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven willingness to commit the additional time and effort necessary during periods of heavy workload in order to meet project schedules and requirements
- Proficiency with these software products:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Internal CRM system-Salesforce
About TLM Technologies
TLM Technologies provides world-class technology and support to convenience and fuel retailers. Covering POS, Back Office, and Head Office--we develop unique technologies and integrate the systems necessary to help c-stores make smarter, more profitable decisions. TLM also provides the critical services retailers rely on to keep operational, including 24×7 systems support. We work with thousands of customers across the UK and the rest of the world. TLM has delivered projects in, and supports customers across, mainland Europe, the Far East, and are we currently expanding into North America. Accordingly, our services are built to respond to customer requirements on a global scale.