We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
TLM Group Technology Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data regulation including the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (“the Data Protection Laws”) which apply across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of responding to enquiries and queries, providing solutions. support, knowledge, and systems integration, we collect personal information when you provide it to us including:
- names of persons placing orders, delivery address and other categories of personal data
- payment and billing information
- information relating to your clients and/r franchisees
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Enable us to provide information you have requested
- Enable us to fulfil your orders and service requirements
- Enable us to respond to any enquiries or queries you raise with us
- Enable us to keep you informed of changes to our products and services including pricing changes and offers
- Enable us to provide you with updates related to activities you have told us your business is engaged in
- Enable us to provide information on areas of that you have told us are of interest to you
In each case the information is required to be provided by you for the purpose set out above as a result of a contractual requirement that either exists or is anticipated from your requests. Where we are only providing information we will use your information in pursuit of our legitimate business interests.
Who we share your personal information with
We may sometimes need to share your personal; information with selected third parties in order to provide the services you have requested or fulfil requests you have made. Where this is necessary we will ensure that your personal information is protected in accordance with the privacy notice.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
How long your personal information will be kept
- We will hold your personal information for the period we are required to do so by UK tax legislation (currently 6 years) following our last transaction with you
- We may keep your personal information for a reasonable period to enable us to contact you in pursuit of our legitimate business interests as set out below.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on contractual necessity as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data Our legitimate interests are the provision of information to you in relation to our products and services and updates, amendments, issues and fixes to the products and services we supply
Under the Data Protection Laws you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to GDPR@tlmgroup.co.uk or fill out the form here
- let us have enough information to identify you eg your name, address and an order number,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The Data Protection Laws also give you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 25.5.18 and last updated on 25.5.18.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email or a notice on our website.
How to contact us
Please contact us at GDPR@tlmgroup.co.uk or on 0845 180 0242 if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us at GDPR@tlmgroup.co.uk or on 0845 180 0242